Wednesday 24 December 2014

Making your hair last

Hello Everyone!
I haven't been posting much on here recently but I've had a pretty hectic month. 
While I was at work today I realised that I hadn't actually washed my hair in three days. Which normally would terrify me, but today I found that my hair doesn't actually look that bad.
I've read from multiple beauty bloggers that it's actually worse for your hair if you wash it everyday. This is because you're washing all the natural oils that your hair has in it which makes it smoother and healthier. So it got me thinking. Why do I wash my hair pretty much everyday? I found that my answer was: to keep it from getting greasy. The problem with my thought process was that in reality I'm actually doing the exact opposite of what I'm aiming to achieve. 
So i decided I was only going to wash my hair 2-3 times a week and see how my hair pans out. Now I've only been doing this a couple of weeks now but I am finding that my hair is getting slightly less greasy on day two and it is a little softer than it has been in the past. 
The thought of having greasy hair absolutely terrifies me, so to avoid this I use a dry shampoo to help it a little. If I want my hair in a ponytail I back comb my hair which makes it a little messy, this drags the attention away from the potential greasy look and more towards the volume of my hair in an updo. 
I'm really enjoying the fact that I'm not having to spend copious amounts of my time just washing my hair and worrying about it getting greasy. I'm also enjoying being able to style my hair more, as with freshly washed hair it's difficult to style. Braiding is a lot easier with two day old hair aswell! Which I'm loving! 


Have you got any tips for making your hair last just that little bit longer?

Sophie 

X

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com