Saturday 15 November 2014

Borderline hoarder?

Hello Everyone!

So over the past couple of months I've had a move about with my bedroom furniture and it made me realise just how much 'stuff' I really do have. I still live with my parents, so yes just my bedroom. So I've found myself having weekly clearouts, and I'm still finding items in my room that I no longer need or use.

I'm pretty sure I'm a hoarder.

So, I thought I'd do a little post about how I've actually found it quite difficult to get rid of items in my bedroom. At first I thought it would be super easy just to get a couple of bin bags and just chuck out everything I hadn't used in ages but no. It was a bit of a nightmare, my first clearout I'm pretty sure I only really threw out a couple of items. I found that I was making up excuses as to why I shouldn't be getting rid of things: 'Oh but so and so bought me that', ' I might wear that soon', 'but it cost me a lot of money'.

 After the second or third clearout I made myself part with items. I found it quite difficult to actually chuck out bits of my past. I couldn't quite understand why, I was just really attached to silly little items, like a paper weight that I bought at a car boot years ago with my nan. My nan is still alive and I love her to bits just so you all know!

What I'm trying to say is, don't be afraid to let go of items in your room/home. Sounds silly I know!  However, it is quite nice to just get rid of clutter and I feel like you can just breathe so much better. I think lots of clutter kind of stresses me out and it puts me in a bad mood. 

Sometimes, you just need to clear everything and have a little bit of a 'fresh start' by getting rid of items that you don't need.

I don't really know where I was going with this post, but I just wanted to share with you how good it feels to have a clutter free bedroom. Kind of weird but yes. It feels pretty good to do this.


Sophie


X

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com