Saturday 29 November 2014

Black Friday - UK Version

Hello Everyone!

So today I thought I'd talk about something a little different to what I've done before. I thought I'd write about my opinion on whats been happening across the UK for Black Friday.
Again, this is my own opinion, I'm just saying how I feel in regards to what has been happening, I'm not writing this to start an argument with anyone.

What started as a simple sale that was brought over from America where everyone would get excited over the chance of snapping up a bargain for christmas time, has actually turned into what looks like a brutal scramble to grab as much as you can no matter what it is.


I've seen horrific videos on youtube that have been shared all over facebook of people fighting - yes you heard me fighting, over TV's, Kettles, Xbox's etc. Considering that over in the UK we have Boxing Day sales and January sales I have never seen a site as bad as this. I'm all for grabbing a bargain, but only for things I need. I don't see the point in buying a brand new TV just because it's like £100 less than what it should even though I have a perfectly good one at home.


I think it just shows us what some people have come to and it outlines the greed in people. Mindlessly pushing and shoving people out the way just so you can get your hands on a shiny new kettle. I think that the people who did go to stores on Black Friday should have been a lot more mindful of people surrounding them. Especially around Christmas when there are thousands of people who don't own a TV or any electrical items for that matter, I think it really does show that people are greedy and selfish just buying things for the sake of buying.


Sophie


X

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com